Narrow Gauge 10 Mile
Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Santa Rita Park
Since 1978 the Narrow Gauge 10 Mile Run has been one of Durango’s oldest Memorial Day traditions. The 10-mile course showcases the Fort Lewis College rim, the Animas River Trail and great views of Durango!
Bring the family and enjoy the 10 (or 4) mile run, FREE Kids Run, food, drink, awards and more down by the Animas River in Santa Rita Park!
Proceeds benefit the Marc Witkes Memorial Fund and other local 4-corners organizations.
- Register online at RunSignup
- Entry Fees:
- 10 Mile: $40 until March 1, $45 until May 1, $50 after May 1, $60 on race day
- 4 Mile: $30 until March 1, $35 until May 1, $40 after May 1, $50 on race day
- DRC members get $5 off (applied automatically as long as member has claimed their account with RunSignup; no coupon code required)
- Anyone who registers after May 1st, we can not guarantee you get your shirt size. Shirt orders are put in the middle of April.
- Signed up for the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic? Swim the Narrow Horse (Friday afternoon) and run the Narrow Gauge 10 Mile (Sunday Morning) and be recognized as an honorary Narrow Horse Triathlon finisher!
- Aid stations are located every 2 miles for both races. Refer to course maps above for aid station locations. Aid stations will be stocked with water, sports drink and basic first-aid supplies.
- The finish line will be stocked with water, food and refreshments. Our official Race Doctor (Dr. Brian Butzen of Animas Orthopedic Associates) will be on-hand to address any medical needs or answer your questions about healthy running!
- Fri, May 26 10:00am-6:00pm at Durango Running Company (473 E. College Dr.)
- Sat, May 27 10:00am-6:00pm at Durango Running Company (473 E. College Dr.)
- Sun, May 28, 6:30am-7:30am at Santa Rita Park
- Parking is available at Santa Rita Park, but space is limited so please carpool (or bike) if possible! Follow instructions from volunteer parking marshals.
- Vehicle access to and from Santa Rita Park will be temporarily closed at 7:45am for the start of the race, so please plan accordingly. Don’t show up at the last minute!
- 10-Mile: Starts at 8:00am
- 4-Mile: Starts at 8:15am
- A quick runner briefing will take place five minutes before the start of each race.
- All participants receive a race shirt.
- All finishers receive a locally-sourced, handmade finisher’s prize!
- Top 3 overall male/female 10-Milers win custom prizes.
- Top 1 overall male/female 4-Milers win custom prizes.
- All runners and volunteers are encouraged to stick around Santa Rita Park for:
- Food, drinks and refreshments
- Breakfast burritos from Raider Ridge Cafe
- Music and entertainment
- Socializing with other runners
- 1-Mile Kids Run
- Awards and raffle prizes from our fantastic sponsors!
- Events like this are impossible without volunteers. THANK YOU for generously donating your time!
- Volunteers are needed for all sorts of roles (packet pickup, timing, setup, teardown and more).
- Click here to view and register for a volunteer roles.
- Race Director: Shaun Burke (email)