Narrow Gauge 10 Mile & 4 Mile Run
Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Santa Rita Park
First run in 1977, the Narrow Gauge 10 Mile Run is among Colorado’s oldest Memorial Day traditions. The event features both a ten mile and a four mile road race showcasing the Fort Lewis College rim, the Animas River Trail and some of the best views in Durango!
Finish line festivities include food, drink, music, awards and a raffle down by the Animas River at Santa Rita Park. Proceeds benefit the Marc Witkes Memorial Scholarship and FLC Cross Country. Come run the Narrow Gauge!
- Register at http://www.active.com/durango-co/running/races/narrow-gauge-10-mile-2014.
- Entries are limited, so don’t wait until it’s too late!
- 10 Mile: $35 until March 31, $40 until April 30, $45 after May 1
- 4 Mile: $25 until March 31, $30 until April 30, $35 after May 1
|10 Mile Course Map||4 Mile Course Map|
- Full detailed course descriptions are available in the Event Details packet.
- Sat, May 25, 3:00pm-6:00pm at Brown’s Sport Shoe (842 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301)
- Sun, May 26, 6:30am-7:30am at Santa Rita Park
- Runners are asked to pick up their packets in advance to ease race day congestion!
- Parking is available at Santa Rita Park, but spaces are limited! Runners are encouraged to carpool if possible.
- Please heed the instructions of volunteer parking marshals.
- Access to and from Santa Rita Park will be closed temporarily at 7:45am for the start of the race. Please plan accordingly!
- 10 Mile: Begins at 8:00am
- 4 Mile: Begins at 8:15am
- A quick runner briefing will take place just before the start of each race.
- Please show up early! Being rushed is no fun for you or the volunteers.
- Colorado’s weather is unpredictable, especially in May. Please dress appropriately!