Steamworks Half Marathon
Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Durango Sports Club
With a beautiful, fast course through the Animas River Valley and a great post-race party sponsored by Steamworks Brewing, the Steamworks Half Marathon is one of Durango’s favorite races. This is a popular event both among competitive runners and folks running their first ever half marathon.
- Register online at RunSignup (opens Feb 1st)
- Entry Fees:
- Half-Marathon: $65
- DRC members receive a $5 discount (applied automatically as long as member has claimed their account with RunSignup; no coupon code required)
- Note: Entries are limited and typically sell out within two weeks, so don’t delay!
- The point-to-point course begins at Baker’s Bridge and runs 13 miles along scenic County Road 250.
- Runners have the Animas River on their right and the red rock cliffs of Missionary Ridge on their left.
- The course has a few rolling hills but is mostly flat and fast.
- The race ends at the Durango Sports Club on Florida Road.
- Aid stations are located every 2 miles along the course.
- Aid stations will be stocked with water, PowerAde and first-aid kits.
- The mile 6 aid station will also be stocked with bananas and oranges.
- There are toilets at two locations along the course as well as at the start and finish.
- Please thank the volunteers!
- Fri, June 12, 4:00pm-6:30pm at Steamworks Brewing (800 E 2nd Ave, Durango, CO 81301)
- Sat, June 13, 6:00am-6:30am at Durango Sports Club (1600 Florida Rd, Durango, CO 81301)
- Limited parking is available at the Durango Sports Club parking lot.
- Additional parking is available at Grace Church, two blocks away on Florida Road.
- Some street parking is also available.
- Normal Start: Starts at 8:00am. Runners must board buses at the Durango Sports Club by 7:00am to be transported to the start.
- Early Start: Starts at 7:15am (for walkers and slower runners only). The bus for early start leaves at 6:45am.
- All participants receive a race shirt, finisher’s medal, and Steamworks pint glass.
- Top 3 male and female in each category will receive prizes.
- Steamworks Brewing provides a post-race party for all runners with burgers and beer by the pool at the Durango Sports Club.
- Volunteers are needed for packet pickup, check-in, start/finish setup and tear down, course marking, aid stations and course marshals.
- If you, a friend or a family member would like to volunteer, please contact the race director.
- Thanks in advance! Volunteers make this event possible and we sincerely appreciate your generosity!
- Race Director: Matthew Krichman (firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-903-6774)