Steamworks Half Marathon
Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Durango Sports Club
With a beautiful, fast course through the Animas River Valley and a great post-race party sponsored by Steamworks Brewing, the Steamworks Half Marathon is one of Durango’s favorite races. This is a popular event both among competitive runners and folks running their first ever half marathon.
- Register online at RunSignup (opens Feb 1st)
- Entry Fees:
- Half-Marathon: $69
- DRC members receive a $5 discount (applied automatically as long as member has claimed their account with RunSignup; no coupon code required)
- Note: Entries are limited and typically sell out within two weeks, so don’t delay!
- Sorry, no refunds.
- The point-to-point course begins at Baker’s Bridge and runs 13 miles along scenic County Road 250.
- Runners have the Animas River on their right and the red rock cliffs of Missionary Ridge on their left.
- The course has a few rolling hills but is mostly flat and fast.
- The race ends at the Durango Sports Club on Florida Road.
- Aid stations are located approximately every 2 miles along the course, starting at mile 2.4.
- Aid stations will be stocked with water, PowerAde and first-aid kits.
- The fourth aid station near mile 8 will also be stocked with bananas and oranges.
- There are toilets at two locations along the course (near mile 5 and 9) as well as at the start and finish.
- Please thank the volunteers!
- Fri, June 10, 3:30pm-6:30pm at Steamworks Brewing (800 E 2nd Ave, Durango, CO 81301)
- Sat, June 11, 6:15am-6:45am at Durango Sports Club (1600 Florida Rd, Durango, CO 81301)
- Limited parking is available at the Durango Sports Club parking lot.
- Additional parking is available at Grace Church, two blocks away on Florida Road.
- Some street parking is also available.
- There is no parking at the start line at Baker’s Bridge. If you do not plan to ride the bus, please have a friend drop you at the start line.
- Main Field Start: 8:00am. This is the correct start time if your pace is 12 min/mile or faster (2 hour 36 minute finish time). Buses to the start line depart Durango Sports Club at 7:00am sharp.
- Early Start: 7:15am. This is for walkers and slower runners only. Please do not sign up for this start time unless your race pace is slower than 12 minutes/mile. This is a safety issue, as our course marshals and aid stations will not be in place in time for faster runners. It also complicates things for our timing company at the finish line. Note that runners in the early start will receive an official finish time but are not eligible to place in age group categories. The bus for early start leaves at 6:35am.
- Temperature at start time is typically in the high 50s. By 10am, temperatures are typically in the low 70s. Rain in June is not likely. As always, check the forecast the day before and plan your clothing appropriately.
- You may bring a drop bag to the start. Place it in the race director’s vehicle, and it will be waiting for you at the finish line. Please no valuables, as the bag area at the finish line may be unattended.
- All participants receive a race shirt and commemorative Steamworks finisher’s prize.
- Top 3 male and female in each age category will receive prizes.
- Steamworks Brewing provides a post-race party for all runners with food and beer by the pool at the Durango Sports Club. Bring your swimsuit!
- Volunteers are needed for packet pickup, race-day check-in, start/finish setup and tear down, course marking, aid stations, finish line timing, and course marshals.
- If you, a friend, or a family member would like to volunteer, please contact the race director.
- Thanks in advance! Volunteers make this event possible and we sincerely appreciate your generosity!
- Race Director: Matthew Krichman (email@example.com, 970-903-6774)