Steamworks Half Marathon
Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Durango Sports Club
With a beautiful, fast course through the Animas River Valley and a great post-race party sponsored by Steamworks Brewing, the Steamworks Half Marathon is one of Durango’s favorite races. This is a popular event both among competitive runners and folks running their first ever half marathon.
The Steamworks Half Marathon fills up fast, so check in early February each year to reserve yourself a spot!
- Registration opens in February.
- Entries are limited and typically sell out within two weeks.
- Entry Fees:
- $65 for general entry
- $60 for DRC members
- The point-to-point course begins at Baker’s Bridge and runs 13 miles along scenic County Road 250.
- Runners have the Animas River on their right and the red rock cliffs of Missionary Ridge on their left.
- The course has a few rolling hills but is mostly flat and fast.
- The race ends at the Durango Sports Club on Florida Road.
- Aid stations are located every 2 miles along the course.
- Aid stations will be stocked with water, PowerAde and first-aid kits.
- The mile 6 aid station will also be stocked with bananas and oranges.
- There are toilets at two locations along the course as well as at the start and finish.
- Please thank the volunteers!
- Early: Fri, June 12, 4:00pm-6:30pm at Steamworks Brewing (800 E 2nd Ave, Durango, CO 81301)
- Race Day: Sat, June 13, 6:00am-6:30am at Durango Sports Club (1600 Florida Rd, Durango, CO 81301)
- Limited parking is available at the Durango Sports Club parking lot.
- Additional parking is available at Grace Church, two blocks away on Florida Road.
- Some street parking is also available.
- Normal Start: Begins at 8:00am. Runners must board buses at the Durango Sports Club at 7:00am to be transported to the start.
- Early Start: Begins at 7:15am (for walkers and slower runners only). The bus for early start leaves at 6:45am.
- All participants will receive a race shirt, finisher’s medal, and Steamworks pint glass.
- Top 3 male and female in each category will receive prizes.
- Steamworks Brewing provides a post-race party for all runners with burgers and beer by the pool at the Durango Sports Club.
- Volunteers are needed for packet pickup, check-in, start/finish setup and tear down, course marking, aid stations and course marshals.
- If you, a friend or a family member would like to volunteer, please contact the race director.
- Thanks in advance! Volunteers make this event possible and we sincerely appreciate your generosity!
- Race director: Matthew Krichman, email@example.com, 970-903-6774