Thirsty 13 Half Marathon
Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Ska Brewing
Who’s “thirsty” for a great half marathon in Durango? This race features a beautiful, scenic course and a craft beer festival with 50 breweries pouring unlimited samples of your favorite brews. That’s the idea behind the “Thirsty 13!”
Click here for the official race website.
- This race is capped and it WILL FILL QUICKLY, so please don’t delay.
- This race features a beautiful course with lots of downhill, starting at Hesperus Church, cruising through Wildcat Canyon and past Lake Nighthorse on your way to a finish at Ska Brewing.
- Runners will receive an entry to the San Juan Brewfest with their race registration, so after the race we’ll all head over to Buckley Park for an afternoon of good times and great beer!
- Registration opened April 1, 2017 and filled quickly. A wait list is now available. Visit the registration page for details.
- $85, race plus Brewfest entry
- $78, race plus “designated driver” entry to Brewfest
- $68, just the race (no Brewfest entry)
The Brewfest ticket by itself costs $30, so this race is a great value.
This race is capped and sells out quickly each year. Register early to ensure your spot.
Sorry, no refunds.
This point-to-point course boasts some of the most beautiful running roads in all of Durango. We will bus you from Ska out to the start line at Hesperus Church. From there we will run south on La Plata Highway (140) for 1.3 miles. Then, we hop onto County Road 125 (Durango’s best kept secret for road runners). After 4 miles of gradual downhill, we turn onto Wildcat Canyon (141) for a brief jaunt over to County Road 210, which takes us 5.4 miles past beautiful Lake Nighthorse. When you hit Bodo, it’s a right turn and a quick final leg over to Ska Brewing where the finish line awaits you.
From start to finish you will lose 1400 feet of elevation. The course is mostly downhill and very fast. However, to make things interesting there are a few short uphill sections. Save some gas for Ska hill at the end. It’s short, but will feel hard in mile 13.
Aid stations will be located approximately every two miles, starting at mile 2.4. Each station will be stocked with sports drink, water, and basic first-aid supplies. At mile 8, you will also find bananas, oranges, and other snacks.
Toilets will be available at the start line, finish line, and on the course, at mile 5.4 and mile 9.7.
Runners will meet at Ska and ride buses to the start. Buses depart at 7:00 sharp. The race starts at 8am. You may arrange your own transportation to the start if you prefer, although you will not be able to leave your car there.
There will be a celebration and awards ceremony at the finish line at Ska. Then, the party continues at the San Juan Brewfest. You’ll have time to head home and grab a shower before heading over to the Brewfest which runs from 1pm – 5pm. We encourage you to wear your race shirt to the Brewfest, so we can find each other and celebrate together.
Please note: Your Brewfest entry is non-transferable. It will have your name on it, and you will be asked to present ID at the entrance. If you are under 21 or do not want to attend the Brewfest, please choose the appropriate registration option that includes only the race.
Click here for details about the San Juan Brewfest, including a list of confirmed breweries!
- Contact race director Matthew Krichman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-903-6774